VILLA ROSES B & B with us discover the Vulture and all Lucane specialties
The Vulture is a historical and geographical subarea of Melfi, situated in the north-east of the Basilicata and dominated by the massive outline of Mount Vulture (1326 m), an extinct volcano from prehistoric times.
Thanks to the presence of forests, springs, streams and sub-mountain grazing areas, this area boasts a rich environmental heritage. The major centers are Melfi and Venosa.
The lava soil of Vulture is rich in mineral waters and also allows the cultivation of excellent grapes and olives. The most famous DOC wines of Basilicata is the Aglianico del Vulture.
Do not miss: the Monticchio Lakes, inside the extinct volcano, the Swabian Castle and the Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta in Melfi, the ancient village of Venosa, the Aragonese castle and the Holy Trinity Complex.
Download the pdf of nature trails: Routes
VILLA ROSES B & B agricultural farm in direct connection with the Vulture
- May 09- May 11, Melfi, the Holy Spirit Festival
- May 21 to 25, Rionero, Arts and Culture Festival
- June Melfi, Rally del Vulture
- August 2 to 3, Rionero, Volcanic Live Festival
- August 13, Atella, National Festival of Barrel
- October Melfi, Festival Varola
- October Rionero, Chestnut Festival